International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) has been the premier applied research institute focused on women and girls for the last four decades. ICRW works with partners to conduct empirical research, build capacity, and advocate for evidence-based practical solutions to change policies and programs. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., and with regional offices in South Asia and Africa, ICRW conducts research to inform policies and programs seeking to alleviate poverty, promote gender equality and protect the rights of women and girls. Corporations, foundations, governments and civil society organizations partner with ICRW to discover through rigorous research how to dismantle barriers and help women and girls achieve their full potential. ICRW’s focal areas include gender-based violence, healthy transitions to adulthood, economic empowerment, HIV/AIDS, and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
At ICRW, we believe that research can and should be a process of social development, and we employ participatory methods when appropriate. Further, ICRW pursues intersectional research to the greatest extent possible. All research we undertake serves to advance ICRW’s mission of improving the status of women and girls, promoting gender equality, and eradicating poverty.
ICRW has recently established ICRW Advisors—a fee-for-service consultancy group situated within the non-profit organization. It applies ICRW’s 40+ years of knowledge and leadership around gender to provide strategic advisory, program design, M&E and training services – all focused on advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls globally. ICRW Advisors' clients include corporations, non-profit organizations, foundations and multi-lateral institutions in the U.S. and around the world.
We are seeking a Business Operations and Support Coordinator who will ensure the smooth operational functioning of ICRW Advisors. S/he will support Advisors needs around financial management, logistics, business development and communications.
The successful candidate will be a team player interested in working in a results-driven and fast-paced work environment. S/he must have excellent communication and administrative management skills; strong business acumen, demonstrated resourcefulness and attention to detail; proven ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manages overall business operational requirements of projects, including creating and monitoring contracts for consultants and other sub-contractors, reviewing financial reports, updating internal tracking systems and supporting staff to ensure timely submission of deliverables.
- Supports the management of budgets, including overseeing allocations and spending, tracking financial transactions, monitoring budget milestones, ensuring compliance with ICRW’s fiscal procedures, and reporting to Advisor’s Director as necessary.
- Prepares budgets for project proposals, in coordination with ICRW’s Advisor’s director, finance and administration team.
- Coordinates and facilitates weekly Advisors staff meetings, records actions and manages weekly to-do list for the team
- Takes direction from ICRW Advisors leadership in managing staff responses to taskers, drafts responses to taskers including the coordination and collection of documentation in support of taskers.
- Performs market research as outlined by ICRW Advisors leadership.
- Provides support to ICRW Advisors staff and consultants to meet client deliverables as needed, including designing and formatting of presentations and/or briefing decks, data management, literature searches, compilation of materials for papers, presentations, proposals, etc.
- Provides support to ICRW Advisors staff, as needed, in developing content for social media platforms and digital communications – including preparing and distributing the quarterly Gender & Business Digest.
- Takes initiative, where applicable, to correspond with senior level external audiences for the purposes of scheduling teleconferences and in-person meetings, and coordinating confirmation and follow up communication, as needed.
- Provides support to staff in conducting meetings, including taking notes and writing minutes and reports.
- Coordinates logistical planning for special events, including researching and booking space and catering, as needed, and managing invitations.
- Makes travel arrangements for ICRW Advisors staff, in coordination with ICRW’s travel agent.
- Drafts routine correspondence; manages mailing lists.
- Maintains files and databases and manages other records for ICRW Advisors.
- May be asked to provide occasionally administrative support to other departments
- May be expected to travel domestically and internationally on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- A Master's degree with 1 year of professional experience.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe. Experience using Salesforce a plus.
- Experience working or interning in a corporate setting a plus.
Interested candidates are expected to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
Due to the large volume of responses we receive, ICRW is not able to provide candidacy status on an individual basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ICRW is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. ICRW is an E-Verify Employer.