Generic Title: Technical Specialist – 4 (TS 4)
Functional Title: Deputy Director – Gender, Youth & Development
Reporting to: Deputy Regional Director, Asia
Department: Gender, Youth & Development (GYD)
Location: ICRW Asia, New Delhi
The primary responsibility of the Dy. Director/ TS 4 will be to lead the specific theme, coordinate with the global platform, bring together the cross-cutting themes, issues, learning from various projects in each theme, networking with the donors. Lead business development efforts to expand the theme and manage partnerships. The Dy. Director must assure the quality of the project and provide oversight together in consultation with the project manager of the team. S/he could also be a Project Lead and have financial approval powers for the specific project. Shall be accountable for execution of the projects in the portfolio –will be the point person projects lead by him/ her, for reporting to donors/partners, planning the activities/budget, responsible for the Institutional Review Board (IRB), etc.
Education & Experience:
Ph.D. in a relevant field (Gender Studies, Public policy, Public health, Economics, Sociology or related subjects) with a minimum of 12 years of experience on gender and development, or a Master’s degree with 15 years of relevant experience. Practical field experience in a broader area of expertise and advanced skills with research and analysis, monitoring and evaluation and programmatic activities is essential.
- Extensive Knowledge of programs and research related to gender, gender equity, discrimination, community health, youth development issues, social norm change, and/or program evaluation is required.
- Ability to think strategically, critically and high-level analysis.
- Demonstrated coordination ability to coordinate and work with peers.
- Lead the assigned projects, ability to provide quality leadership to the project team.
- Able to represent the project at senior level and in front of different stakeholders like donors, government and development partners.
- Strong networking skills specially with donor organizations and exceptional business development and fundraising abilities.
- Proven experience of developing partnerships with development partners, government agencies/ departments and private sector
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and demonstrated experience in designing and/or rolling out training.
- Excellent report writing skills; ability to synthesize & analyze research projects including the methodology & findings into narrative for publications & dissemination.
- Capability to contribute significantly to development of concept notes, full proposal, new partnership development and donor management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated track record of producing high quality, well-written deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Advanced skills in the design of quantitative and/or qualitative studies and the analysis of resulting data.
- Excellent writing skill (in English) is must, and sound working knowledge of an additional language would be plus.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Create a VISION for the GYD theme, undertake Business Development (BD) and build staff capacities on the theme
- Develop in coordination with the BD team, the BD plan for the thematic sector and explore resource mobilization opportunities for theme expansion.
- Work closely with the BD Team to develop project proposals that meet donor requirements as assigned by the Dy. Regional Director/COO
- Provide technical assistance including practical guidance and input in proposals on design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the assigned theme.
- Lead ICRW Asia’s efforts to ensure alignment across the global ICRW platform to enhance thematic representation
- providing thought leadership as appropriate,
- bring together the cross-cutting themes, issues, learning from various projects in each theme
- Assuring the quality of the project and provide minimum oversight together in consultation with the project manager of the team.
- assuring knowledge management
- encouraging collaboration across the whole institution
- Provide leadership and technical support to mid-size to large projects (as defined by ICRW).
- Provide leadership to the portfolio on project management activities, including a clear understanding of financial and technical requirement and expected project outcomes.
- Lead the assigned project teams.
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring to team members on the thematic area
- Undertake analysis of capacities & skills gaps in the team with HR
- Along with HR identify & share with the team members, relevant capacity building opportunities & platforms including training, conferences, online courses & knowledge sharing e-groups.
- Take the lead in organizing talks and brown bags by both internal (project information sharing) and external (experts & practitioners) resource persons at a minimum 3 annually.
- Nurture relationships with existing project donors and participate in professional conferences, technical meetings and working groups.
- In Consultation with the Regional Director/ Dy. Regional Director, represent ICRW with Media and High – profile Groups on relevant technical and policy issues in India and overseas.
ICRW is an equal opportunities employer and offers a collegial and stimulating work environment, challenging innovative and meaningful development projects and an opportunity to work with development professionals who are well regarded in their fields of expertise.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children from abuse.
Last Date of receiving applications: 25th November 2017.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position along with their up to date Resume and current and expected remunerations.
Only shortlisted applications shall be acknowledged.