The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) has been the premier applied research institute focused on women and girls for the last four decades. ICRW works with partners to conduct empirical research, build capacity, and advocate for evidence-based practical solutions to change policies and programs. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., and with regional offices in South Asia and Africa, ICRW conducts research to inform policies and programs seeking to alleviate poverty, promote gender equality and protect the rights of women and girls. Corporations, foundations, governments and civil society organizations partner with ICRW to discover through rigorous research how to dismantle barriers and help women and girls achieve their full potential. ICRW’s focal areas include gender-based violence, healthy transitions to adulthood, economic empowerment, HIV/AIDS, and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
At ICRW, we believe that research can and should be a process of social development, and we employ participatory methods when appropriate. Further, ICRW pursues intersectional research to the greatest extent possible. All research we undertake serves to advance ICRW’s mission of improving the status of women and girls, promoting gender equality, and eradicating poverty.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the incumbent is responsible for selected facilities management functions. In this position, this person will be responsible for the daily administration of all office support services, including purchasing, mail room, front desk, telecommunications and building maintenance activities of the organization. Provides direct assistance to end users in setting up cell phones, computers, and other devices for travel. Serves as the liaison between the organization and building management. In addition, this role is responsible for providing light administrative support to the COO as needed.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Fun, energetic and diverse work environment!
- Opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career through a variety of projects and initiatives.
- Work across the organization, including communications, fundraising, and business development to develop a voice.
- Open communication that encourages new ideas.
- Ability to work closely with senior management to develop and hone your skills
- Great benefits including 3 wks vac., 403b employer contribution, health, dental, vision, free fitness center, flexible work schedules and many others!
- Near Farragut North (red line) Farragut West (blue, orange, silver) where shopping and restaurants abound.
- Contribute to work that informs policies and programs to alleviate poverty, promote gender equality and protect the rights of women and girls.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- High school degree with 4 years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have good verbal and interpersonal skills and is customer service focused.
- Must be able to operate and set up office equipment including telephone, copier, fax, and postage machine.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills; thorough, and detail oriented; able to work independently and with a team.
- Must be mature and understand the need for discretion.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Greet visitors and directing phone calls.
- Distribute incoming mail
- Send outgoing mail
- Assist staff logistically for special events, seminars or meetings.
- Perform other clerical and support duties as needed.
- Monitor conference room bookings daily for conflict, look ahead for conflicts when external events are scheduled.
- Act as Floor Marshall during emergency evacuations
- Interact with building engineers and security contractor for safety and security matters at the direction of the COO.
- Liaise with building engineers for maintenance, repair and cleaning issues.
- Supervise outside contractors on facilities projects and office repairs (copiers, fax)
- First point of contact for staff concerning the Kastle key card system, maintaining access lists and reports via the online system as needed.
- Maintain office key inventory.
- Manage office supply inventory including paper and toner for all printers and copiers.
- Manage physical storage/archival needs on site and with external providers
- Prepare chargeback costing of copier and postal meter
- Assist in A/V set-up and configure conference center tables for meetings as requested
- Establish and maintain written policies and procedures for the acquisition, development, and implementation of office systems.
- Provide facilities training to new staff.
- Set up desk, phone and computers for new staff.
Audio & Visual
- At the request of users, sets up A/V equipment for departmental and corporate meetings; breaks down equipment and ensures it is properly stored after conclusion of meetings.
- Trains new employees on the use of telephone equipment.
- Make copies of and route all incoming checks to Accounting.
- Copy and mail out-going checks.
- Serve as petty cash custodian
- Provide light administrative duties for the COO.
- Manage the calendar for the COO
- Provide support to the Risk Management Team.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume.
Due to the large volume of responses we receive, ICRW is not able to provide candidacy status on an individual basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ICRW is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. ICRW is an E-Verify Employer.