Established in 1976, the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) espouses the universal principle of human dignity and works worldwide to advance gender equity, social inclusion and economic security.
Now in its fifth decade, ICRW has proudly served as the world’s leading applied research institute tackling challenges facing women, girls and marginalized populations. Through its research, ICRW is constantly building evidence on barriers to women’s full engagement in social, political and economic life, and is discovering and documenting what works to advance an agenda centered on gender equity. ICRW is all about measurable impact.
ICRW is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with regional offices in New Delhi, India and Kampala, Uganda and virtual business hubs in Kenya, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Through its suite of research and technical advisory services, ICRW supports non-profit organizations and government agencies, corporate and private sector partners to achieve lasting organizational and social change related to gender equity and women’s advancement in the home, in communities and in the workplace.
ICRW’s Business Development (BD) team is looking for an enthusiastic, results-oriented and deeply curious Business Development/Analytics Specialist to drive solutions in a complex and changing operating environment. You will generate the data we need to develop effective institutional strategies and keep our research pipeline healthy. As an ICRW Business Development/ Analytics Specialist, you will apply your Salesforce knowledge to inform BD across our global institution by developing and maintaining institutional dashboards and data visualization. Your strong organizational, writing and communication capabilities will enable you to demonstrate the breadth and depth of ICRW’s work to current or potential clients and partners, at externally facing events and in proposals and marketing collateral. In addition to helping to bring in new business, you will bring your attention to detail and skill using third-party applications to help our Communications and Finance team, and the Office of the President, bring in unrestricted donations through fundraising. As a business analyst you will be working with staff in DC and around the world. We are looking for someone who is motivated by challenges and who love to implement solutions while working hard, having fun and being part of meaningful social change.
Bachelor’s degree plus highly related work experience; Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum 5 years relevant work experience with bachelor’s degree, or 3 years’ experience with master’s degree.
1-2 years as a Salesforce administrator, highly preferred; experience with sophisticated fundraising or CRM system (e.g. Raiser’s Edge or Microsoft Dynamics CRM) required.
- High proficiency in data analytics and visualization using a CRM system (preferably Salesforce) and Excel required.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Prior experience and understanding of grant and contract proposals including US Government funding mechanisms preferred.
- Experience with editing, and excellent command of the English language required with the ability to write persuasively for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of proposal budget development.
- Position requires ability to interact with all levels of staff across offices in Washington, DC, New Delhi and Kampala. We are looking for a person with a strong customer service orientation, who is committed to open and honest communication and skilled in collaborative problem-solving.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible, eager to take initiative, able to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines and collaborate well with a dynamic team.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
Salesforce Management (20%):
- Manages Salesforce configurations to generate: reports, dashboards, tables and custom fields
- Cares about data quality and creates standards and processes for ensuring data integrity.
- Creatively identifies ways to use all capabilities of the Salesforce platform to support ICRW’s mission
Business Development (60%):
- Writes new-business-related material to demonstrate the breadth and depth of ICRW’s work to current or potential clients and partners.
- Works with proposal teams to develop high-quality proposals
- Updates ICRW’s internal databases and processes for tracking and monitoring new proposal opportunities (Salesforce, Excel and Access database).
- Develop detailed analyses and data visualization tools on various aspects of business development as needed, including for ICRW’s Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Supports departments (e.g. Communications and Office of the President) in using Salesforce and integrated third-party applications (e.g. Mailchimp, Soapbox Engage) for unrestricted fundraising activities
- Coordinates with Finance Department to ensure reconciliation of unrestricted fundraising dollars.
Interested candidates are expected to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
Due to the large volume of responses we receive, ICRW is not able to provide candidacy status on an individual basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ICRW is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. ICRW is an E-Verify Employer.