Generic Title: Senior Research & Program Associate/ Technical Specialist 1
Grade: RO2a/ R03
Reports To: Project Director
Department: Research & Programs
Tenure: 15 months
Location: New Delhi
The Senior Research & Program Associate/ Technical Specialist will be responsible for providing technical and managerial support to research projects in the thematic portfolio – Sexual and Reproductive Health, with a specific focus on Family Planning. The incumbent will be required to work as part of a team and also take independent responsibility on projects. Based on project and institutional priorities, the incumbent will undertake other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
The appointment for the position shall be co-terminus with the project/assignment.
Education: Master’s degree in a relevant field (public health, sociology, social work, political science, public policy or related subject)
Experience: Two (2) to Three (3) years for applicants with PhD OR and Four (4) to five (5) years for applicants with post-graduation, with relevant organizational/field program experience on issues of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) and Family Planning (FP) in India.
Experience in qualitative research is essential. Previous research experience at a regional/global level with sound understanding of the current discourses on gender and SRH/family planning is highly preferred. Prior publications on the issue of SRH and FP will be an asset.
Experience of monitoring and evaluation, documentation and report writing is preferred.
Salary Range: 5.30 LPA- 10.5 LPA
- Strong qualitative research skills, including a demonstrable proficiency in one or more related analysis software, along with an understanding of quantitative data and its analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to present at different fora.
- Experience of developing internal and external dissemination products including reports, policy briefs and creative knowledge products.
- Ability to plan and execute research activities for projects and contribute to managing all phases of the project, including work plans and budgets.
- Strong organizational, networking and negotiation skills in order to sustain viable relationships with partners, as well as communicate knowledgeably about project concepts, progress and impact within and outside ICRW.
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to work independently and under pressure and at short notice.
- Willingness to travel as required (travelling to Bihar and Uttar Pradesh will be needed)
- High degree of initiative, pro-active responsibility, and “can do” attitude
- Quick learner who can apply consulting and project management skills to incubate new ideas successfully and run discrete projects through completion with modest oversight
- Ability to translate complex research findings into actionable messages (for donors and ICRW)
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently and under pressure, as well as to contribute to team members’ work at short notice.
- Ability and willingness to assume high-visibility institutional roles, such as standing committee participation and collaboration with other researchers across and outside the organization
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Under the guidance of the project director, lead conceptual development and implementation of the projects related to issues of SRH and FP.
- Undertake data collection, analysis and synthesis of research findings on relevant issues.
- Produce project-related technical deliverables, including research briefs, power point presentations, white papers, indicators and frameworks
- Develop research and dissemination products for a range of audiences including research, non-research, and policy makers.
- Provide technical support to partners, including on research, capacity building, and dissemination of results
- Project Management
- Work in close collaboration with senior staff to define strategic direction and work plans for projects
- Provide day-to-day management of project work plans, and ensure that project team, consultants and partners are on track with deadlines for deliverables
- Manage routine communications with the team, consultants, and partners on the routine functioning of projects; and produces project reports and updates, as needed
- Monitor and maintain the project budget in coordination with the project lead
ICRW is an equal opportunities employer and offers a collegial and stimulating work environment, challenging innovative and meaningful development projects and an opportunity to work with development professionals who are well regarded in their fields of expertise.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children from abuse.
We have zero-tolerance for sexual harassment at workplace.
Last Date of receiving applications: 6th December, 2020.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position along with their up to date Resume and current and expected remunerations.
Only shortlisted applications shall be acknowledged.