Reports To: Director Operations, Asia Office
Supervises: Assistant Manager - HR
Salary Range: INR 14 Lacs to INR 18 Lacs per annum
The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) advances gender equity, social inclusion and shared prosperity. For 45 years, ICRW has been the world’s leading non-profit building evidence for how to improve the lives of women, girls and other marginalized people.
Our research, advocacy and programs focus on the intersections of education, positive youth development, sexual and reproductive health and rights, sustainable livelihoods, gender-based violence, and equitable workplaces. Our partners and clients include community-based and nongovernmental organizations; bilateral and multilateral agencies; foundations, philanthropists and corporations; governments; and academic and financial institutions.
Reporting to the Director - Operations, the Senior Manager - HR will assist the Asia Office in maintaining systems to support its rapidly expanding work in India and the region. The Senior Manager - HR will be primarily responsible for management and execution of HR strategy, processes and systems related to Recruitment, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Development, Data Management and welfare activities in close coordination with Director - HR in Washington, DC to ensure efficient support for operations and program staff.
Postgraduate/Graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field.
Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in Human Resources, including at least four years in the international non-profit sector in India, preferably in the non-profit and international environment.
- Strong organizational and management skills; ability to work with staff and management to support needs and to oversee needed systems and policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with professionals at different levels and geographical settings, including colleagues, partners, and vendors is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while working as a part of a team is required.
- Strong computer skills required, to include a proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); ability to track and analyze management information and prepare reports on projects, publications, presentations, and grants.
- Aptitude for IT problem-solving and learning new applications is desirable.
- Ability to work on sourcing multiple candidates concurrently; experience with behavioral interviewing preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of employment law is required.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Recruitment & Selection:
- Implements the recruitment process for the Asia Office.
- Oversee the full-cycle recruitment process.
- Support the Director - HR in Washington, DC in analysis, planning and sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate with portfolio managers/project leads and program operations including work plans and budgets in relation to staffing requirements.
- Provide guidance to Assistant Manager - HR on all recruitment related efforts and ensure timely closure of vacancies.
- Monitors the quality of new employee orientation.
2. Performance Management:
- Work with Human Resources team at DC in managing the Performance Management System and processes to include annual goal setting, mid-year and annual review and documentation and feedback process.
- Process salary increments, promotions in discussion with senior management; ensure they are entered into payroll by the prescribed deadlines.
3. Compensation & Benefits:
- Responsible for the ongoing administration of the compensation and benefits program at Asia office.
- Conducting compensation review as needed, as well as benchmarking ICRW salaries to the relevant market.
- Make recommendations on pay structure adjustments based on market data, annual merit budget, etc.
- Gather market information on industry practices related to benefits and propose new/improved benefits for Asia office staff.
- Ensure adherence to all statutory obligations required in view of Indian laws.
5. Policy & Procedure Development:
6. Employee Relations:
- Work closely with HR staff in DC and Asia office on aligning organizational policies; Assist in the development and implementation and interpretation of ICRW’s human resources policies and procedures.
- Maintain updated knowledge of and reference sources for applicable employment laws in the country and region as required. Identify areas which could benefit from development of new policies and manage their implementation.
- Ensure annual review of the handbook, policies and processes and that any agreed actions are implemented by the agreed deadlines; Lead writing and finalization of any needed revisions to the Employee handbook.
- Create practices that support the resolution of Employee Relations issues in a manner that treats employees equitably and serves the best interest of the organization.
- Implement all HR policies related to employee separation, conflict & grievance management.
- Manage exit interviews and gather and provide relevant information to the senior management for improving the employee experience.
- Creates a mechanism for regular updates to employee on HR issues.
- Facilitation of effective communications within and between the offices in India and HQ. Coordination with Director HR - DC on all HR related issues and needs.
8. Employee Training & Development:
- Support in identifying training requirements and assist with the design and execution of employee programs based on the needs of the Asia office.
- Responsible for compliance and implementation of ICRW’s Policy against Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace; act as a bridge between the Senior Management Team and Internal Complaints Committee and ensure confidentiality; facilitate awareness and training on the policy.
- Work with the HR Staff in DC and Asia office to enhance the effectiveness of the Careers page on ICRW website.
Any other job assigned by Director Operations and Regional Director.
ICRW is an equal opportunities employer and offers a collegial and stimulating work environment, challenging innovative and meaningful development projects and an opportunity to work with development professionals who are well regarded in their fields of expertise.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children from abuse. We have zero-tolerance for sexual harassment at workplace.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online, with a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position along with your up-to-date Resume.
Only shortlisted applications shall be acknowledged.
Last date for applying for the position: August 12, 2022.