Overview of Role:
Analysts are creative problem solvers who are inspired to advance gender equity and women’s empowerment. Analysts are responsible for conducting research and analysis, writing, preparing deliverables and providing other support to Advisors’ clients and the Advisors team. Guided by a Project Manager, they often originate drafts and take the first pass translating complex ideas into concrete deliverables. The position requires up to 30% travel, domestically and internationally. (Per ICRW policy, travel is currently suspended through the end of 2020 but may resume in 2021.)
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Delivers consulting services for projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and in coordination with other team members and partners, particularly through collecting, managing and analyzing information / data (quantitative and qualitative) to meet client needs for diagnostic research, program or policy evaluation, landscape reviews and synthesis of knowledge to inform action.
- In collaboration with others on the client engagement team, develops insightful conclusions and actionable recommendations for clients to establish, expand and improve their organizational initiatives on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Assists in choosing or developing methodological approaches for meeting diverse client needs.
- Helps to develop and deliver working group meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Creates content for, formats and, under the direction of the Project Manager or Associate Director, presents deliverables to clients.
- In coordination with the Project Manager and ICRW’s finance and administration teams, supports preparation of proposals and scopes of work for potential projects, including preparation of timelines and budgets.
- Conducts market research as outlined by ICRW Advisors leadership, including conducting background research and due diligence on potential clients.
- Contributes to ICRW Advisors’ thought leadership and visibility by helping to implement the social media strategy, writing blogs and drafting articles.
- As needed, assists the Business Operations and Support Coordinator with logistical planning for travel, meetings, workshops, or similar project-related requirements.
- Provides assistance on special projects and assignments as requested to help ICRW Advisors accomplish its goals.
- Supports maintenance of information systems (e.g., databases) as required.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate progress on projects or event planning, and work with managers to coordinate multiple projects concurrently with maturity, diplomacy and independence.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Creative capacity to discern specific client needs and interests, and tailor communications and deliverables to precise audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to translate research findings into clear, compelling written narrative and public presentations.
- Team player with proven ability to work iteratively with internal and external professionals at different levels, including colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and move forward on deliverable drafts in the face of ambiguity/limited available information.
- Training/workshop facilitation skills are a plus.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency using Salesforce, inDesign, Prezi, Mentimeter, Mural and/or other interactive presentation platforms is a plus.
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in French, Spanish or other languages is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%, internationally and domestically.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Impact / Entrepreneurship, Social Science, Economics, International Development, Organizational Development or another related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree in related field with a minimum of 1-2 year of relevant experience.
- Experience providing consultancy services to the private sector highly preferred, as is knowledge of mainstreaming gender through core business programming.
- Specific experience preferred in one or more of Advisors’ priority themes:
- Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Gender Equity in Supply Chains
- Gender-Smart Investing
- Developing and evaluating corporate brand initiatives focused on women and/or youth empowerment
ICRW is committed to promoting a culture of equity through our recruitment processes, staff training, policies & procedures, Board membership, and research programming. We believe that all people deserve an equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and fulfilment - regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to expanding our definition for what diversity means, moving beyond the binaries, and setting new standards for ourselves and across sectors.
ICRW is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. ICRW is an E-Verify Employer.